Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Friday 6 January 2012

January 6th: BEAN DAY!!!

YAAAAY!!! IT'S BEAN DAY!!! I can't express how happy I am that it's bean day. I haven't heard from Jonnie today - probably because he's too busy celebrating - but I can assure you he's even happier than I am. Jonnie and I are both vegetarians, so getting protein is a lot harder than it is for meat eaters. That's why we're so thankful for beans. Also... a certain Matt told me it's Rowan Atkinson's (aka Mr. Bean) birthday. Umm... best day ever?? Yes.

Joe's never been a huge fan of beans (not sure how this is possible), but was introduced to cheesy beans (invented by Jonathan Bevan) a while ago, and quite likes them. Naturally, he had a bowl for supper today. Note on this: He tried them with Mozzarella for the first time, and doesn't think it works. The taste just isn't the same. Stick to Cheddar.

Off to go eat some beans. Tomorrow is Old Rock Day - go find your pet rocks so we can celebrate!

PS - Jonnie would like to give some delicious bean recipes:

Cool Beans
Cheesy Beans
Banana Beans :)
Sweet Beans
Curry Beans
BBQ Beans
Bloody Mary Beans (say it three times and you'll wake up in a bath full of beans)

No comments:

Post a Comment