Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Saturday 21 January 2012

January 21st: National Hugging Day

So, National Hugging day. Fun times! Aside from hugging a few people, I decided to use this day to find out just how common the idea of hugging is. I mean, everyone sort of assumes that it’s something fairly common. People hug each other all the time, right?

Or then again, maybe not. I was counting the number of hugs I saw today. And now, totalling them up as I write the blog, I’m shocked. I only saw 1 hug. The whole day. And the two people involved were going out, so maybe that doesn’t even count. And admittedly, I haven’t been interacting with people all day. But I’ve kept a pretty good eye out.

So, the lesson for today – hugging isn’t actually an incredibly common activity. Not in Coventry, at any rate. Which is a shame, ‘cause hugs are pretty awesome things. Fun fact: there are apparently 5 different types of hugs: Back to Front, Bear, Cheek, Side to Side, and Heart Centred. How many have you tried this year?

Jonnie used this day to make an attempt to hug Richard – the most hugaphobic person we know. He failed, naturally, but we did get an amusing video of Richard, so I guess that makes up for it. Anyway, that’s it from me. Go hug some people!

No comments:

Post a Comment