Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Sunday 22 January 2012

January 22nd: National Answer Your Cat's Question Day and National Blonde Brownie Day

Anybody know what a Blonde Brownie is? No? Well, apparently they’re chocolate brownies, without the chocolate – made with light brown sugar instead. Now, we don’t know what your opinion on brownies is, but we think that just completely ruins the whole point of brownies.
            However, Joe did have an idea for something we could do instead. If the criterion for a blonde brownie is a brownie that isn’t dark brown, then why not make brownies with white chocolate? See where we’re going with this? White chocolate brownies, or brown sugar brownies – which sound nicer?
            For those of you who don’t know, Joe makes awesome brownies. If you haven’t tried them, tell him to make you some. Anyway, Joe being the resident brownie expert, he set out to make some white chocolate brownies. And he’s going to stop writing in 3rd person now, because this is getting annoying.
            “I can’t claim to be a brilliant cook. But I’m not bad, and I’ve got a fairly good range of recipes. My point is that I’m at the level of cooking where occasionally I can try experimenting – straying from the recipe, changing a few ingredients, etc. Sometimes this works, sometimes it’s an epic failure. Anyway, I decided not to go and find a recipe for white chocolate brownies – I’d just adapt my normal brownie recipe instead.
                After half an hour of cooking, the final product is in the oven. Or rather, final products – I tried some raspberry and white chocolate brownies while I was at it. I can’t predict how they’re going to come out, but they certainly won’t be the same as normal brownies. And they will certainly be blonde. So, if tasting them doesn’t kill me, I will let you know how they’ve come out in about half an hour.”
            Joe would also like to add that he doesn’t have a cat. But if he did, the answer to its question would be 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment