Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

January 4th: Trivia Day and Humiliation Day

Well, we’re so far into the year that it looks like I’m writing again. And what a day to pick – I get to do the double day again. Apparently, humiliation day is a day to remember how bad humiliation is, and to try and avoid being negative to anyone. Of course, that’s a bit boring. So I thought I’d use this opportunity to mention some of the humiliating things the three of us have been up to.
I’m currently in a production of Merlin, in which I have to sing. A solo. This is relevant because I was rehearsing for it yesterday, and it was dreadful. So, anyone who wants to see me humiliate myself on stage, come and watch it! I won’t say anything about Jonnie – I think the video below speaks for itself. And Laura has an amazing story: see her entry.
Feeling mean now, so let’s switch to the trivia side of the day. Take a look at these facts:
  • Britain has the longest coastline in Europe.
  • Canada has the longest coastline in the world.
  • All coastlines are potentially infinite. (Of course, there must be a limit, once you get down to the subatomic level, but I don’t think that’s the point).
Mind-blowing, huh? To sum the whole day up, I’ve resurrected a video Jonnie and I made a while ago, featuring both trivia and humiliation. Well, maybe more the humiliation part. In fact, the trivia was in the other one. This is just humiliating. Take a look!
Oh, and in case anyone was interested in the trivia there...
  • Charlie Chaplin once came third in a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest.
  • There are more canals in Birmingham than Venice.
  • The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
  • Richard Stone was in that video, and wants to be credited.

2 comments:

  1. Er, Joe, Physics correction...
    once you get to the sub-atomic level it's mostly space anyway, so you wouldn't be able to measure the coastline anyway, so maybe there isn't a limit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precisely. If you couldn't measure, then you wouldn't be able to claim a longer measurement at that scale, so the limit would be the measurement at the last measurable scale.

    ReplyDelete