Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Wednesday 18 January 2012

January 18th: Winnie the Pooh Day

Winnie the Pooh day. Laura brought a teddy bear to her school. I have no Winnie the Pooh teddy bear – it was always more my sister’s thing. However, I do have something almost as good – a song about WTP that my sister and I made up When We Were Very Young. Now We Are Six teen and nineteen, you won’t find us singing it quite so often. But I couldn’t resist humming it to myself a couple of times today. The words are as follows:

“Winnie the Pooh

Has no shoe, because he’s

Winnie the Pooh, and he

Has no Shoe, because he’s

Winnie the Pooh…”

And so on. It would go on for ages, as we wandered round and round The House at Pooh Corner in search of something better to do. The tune, for the more musically inclined among you, is as follows:

b a B G

B B g g a g

b a B G a g

B B g g a g

(Upper case are crotchets, lower case quavers (swung) and the bold one is a crotchet followed by a rest). I think once, in a fit of creativity, we may have discovered that “Pooh” also rhymes with “Blue”. But I can’t remember that bit. Anyway, that was our song. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment