Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Monday 2 January 2012

January 2nd: Run Up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes It Day

Happy Run Up the Flagpole Day!! I had no idea what this expression meant until I looked it up online. According to Wikipedia, it means "to present an idea tentatively and see whether it receives a favorable reaction." Reading this, I got super excited because I do this all the time, though I barely ever get “saluted”. So I brought up some ideas today. Is there really no such thing as cheese flavored frozen custard? I feel like there should be. I mean, I live in Wisconsin...(For you Brits who don't know, frozen custard is like ice cream but thicker and creamier) And yes. I would honestly eat it. I've had mustard flavored frozen custard, nothing could be worse.
Taking the meaning of the day more literally, Joe ran up a lamp post (the nearest thing he could find to a flagpole) Or at least he ran up the first bit then climbed the rest. Sadly, no-one saluted it, but we thought we'd show you a picture anyway.
Tomorrow is Festival of Sleep Day. So. Excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment