Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

January 24th: Part II. Eskimo Pie Patent Day

So, I was ridiculously busy today, as always. So busy, in fact, that I haven’t had supper yet. Nevertheless, I was determined to eat an Eskimo pie today. So, at 20 past 9, on the way back from a 3 hour circus rehearsal, I set off to buy an ice cream. In the middle of winter. The first shop, sadly, wasn’t selling ice creams. The second was, and I had just enough money for a packet of 8 choc ices  (these, I think, are the nearest the Brits get to Eskimo Pies).
Now, I don’t normally eat choc ices at 20 past 9 on a winter’s night. But at the end of an exhausting rehearsal, they’re just the thing to give you a bit more energy. And by the time I’d walked the 300m home from the shop, I was already part way through my 3rd Eskimo pie. Yep, they were that nice.
My Dad had one too. Even Neo tried a bit. I’ve now finished my 5th, and I might just eat the last two when I’ve finished writing this. Sadly, this means I will have had about 3 times my recommended daily allowance of saturated fat. But hey. They were nice.
Also, just to avoid any confusion tomorrow, I think I should say this. January 25th, aka tomorrow, is opposite day. Regardless of what anything on or off this blog may or may not say to the contrary tomorrow, tomorrow is opposite day. (Naturally, if you're reading this on January 25th, it's not opposite day... see what I mean about confusion?)

No comments:

Post a Comment