Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

February 1st: Serpent Day

February 1st, eh? Wow. Somehow, incredibly, unbelievably, inconceivably, in defiance of all expectations, we have managed a month of blogging. And it’s been pretty fun. 710 views last month – thanks to everybody who kept up with the blog during January.

Anyway. Tis Serpent Day. And yes, that rhymed. I am awesome. Now, you may think that there’s not much to do on Serpent Day, besides casual slithering, unless you happen to have a pet snake… but you’d be wrong. For a start, you can experiment with different kinds of slithering…

  • Fake slithering. I don’t know why people do this, but it seems to be a generally held belief that being a snake involves lying on your stomach and dragging yourself forward with your arms. What’s with that? Since when did snakes have arms? Still, if you’re not man enough to try a bit of proper slithering, then maybe this is the one for you.
  • Side to side. This one is a bit more sensible – lie on your stomach, and slide one side of your body forwards, then the other. Apologies for the bad explanation – you might see what I mean if you get down and give it a go. This one is slow, but effective.
  • Up and down. This may be more caterpillar than snake, but I’m fairly sure that they move by scrunching up their body, then extending it from the tail forwards. This is somewhat harder for humans to do, but still possible. It’s slightly faster than side to side, but less comfortable.

I also made a balloon serpent. For those of you who don’t know, I do quite a bit of balloon modelling. Occasionally, I get asked for a snake, so I made up a model a while ago. I don’t particularly like it, but it looks quite cool if you can find something to coil it round. The one I made is light blue, called Jerry, and is currently coiled around the chin-up bar in my bedroom doorway. I might upload a picture at some point.

Hhhaasssssssssssssaaaasssssssssssshhhe.

No comments:

Post a Comment