Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Saturday 11 February 2012

February 10th: Umbrella Day

I love umbrellas. They're so cute. Unless Mary Poppins is flying through the air with one, looking like she's about to murder children. I hate Mary Poppins. Anyway... what was I talking about? Oh. Okay so when I was like 6 my Aunt gave me a dalmatian umbrella with matching rain boots. I was always excited when I got the chance to use them, but it wasn't that often. I should've brought them to England when I came last year.

So I almost brought my puppy dog umbrella to school, but it was too big. So I brought one I found in our closet, which of course was broken. All the umbrellas my family has ever owned have broken. All of them. I planned on bringing it from class to class and opening it up and walking down the halls with it, but I decided that was probably not a good idea. The hallways are already packed and I don't think people would be very happy to have an umbrella shoved in their face. Not to mention the bad luck I'd have for opening it indoors. So I just put it in my locker and carried it around OUTSIDE of school.

Joe's family seems to have the same problem with umbrellas. Dad always has a good one, but the others are always broken. And Dad's one breaks if anyone else uses it. We found an umbrella at the bus stop a few years ago, and we kept it for a while. I can't remember what happened to it, but I think it might have broken too. Anyway, broken umbrellas are the reason that coats exist, and coats are cool. So it's not all bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment