Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Charles Dickens Day

Well Sirree, it's Charles Dickens day and it seems rather appropriate that we should celebrate it this year - if old Charlie were alive today, he'd be 200!

Charles Dickens is one of the most celebrated British writers, he write many books and my family owns most of them! They are all quite good, if a little long. His most famous is A Christmas Carol, which has even been made into a muppet version (with a stellar performance from Kermit the Frog as Bob Cratchit).

As part of Charles Dickens day, I decided to try and fit as many Charles Dickens quotes as I could throughout the day.

'Please sir, can I have some more, sir?'
My mother wasn't pleased at being called sir, but I had to keep in character.

"There's nothing better than a friend, unless it's a friend with chocolate."
Well, that or marshmallows. Or pretty much any food, I'm not fussed.

"God bless us, every one!"

What a cutie patootie.


And I leave you all with a wonderful quote;

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.”

True dat

Also, Laura was thrilled when her English class sang Happy Birthday to Charles Dickens, even though most in that class don't like him because he was a little dickens.(heh... see what I did there??)

1 comment: