Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

February 15th: National Gumdrop Day

Well, today being National Gumdrop day, I rode down to the high street after circus, and bought some gumdrops. I am now eating them. There isn't much more to say on the subject, except that they're quite nice. However, for the sake of giving all you people something to read, I will write briefly about the fact that I rode down to the shop on my Muni. That being a mountain unicycle, obviously.
Now, the muni is undoubtedly the worst unicycle I own. I got it second hand of e-bay a few years ago, and compared to the quality of my other 4 unicycles, it really is pretty old, and rubbish. It doesn't have the control of the freestyle, or the speed of the 36". It's not as impressive as the giraffe, I can't do any tricks on it, and, strangely, it's not that good off road. Despite that, however, I really like riding it. It's quite handy when you just want to get somewhere in Coventry - over short distances, it's much less hassle than the road unicycle. And, in addition to that, there's just something really fun about riding it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's just more exciting than any of the others, even the giraffe. It's something about the speed, combined with the fact that on the muni, more than on any other unicycle, I can be unbalanced while riding. There's a different style of turning - you lean into the corners far more, and do an awesome twist out of them, bringing the uni up underneath you. You ride over the bumps, ignoring the fact that they're there, and let the tyre cope with them. I'd say that being on the muni reminds me of why I first got on a unicycle, but that would be a complete lie. It doesn't. But I cannot deny that it is... cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment