Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Monday 13 February 2012

February 13th: Get A Different Name Day and Dream Your Sweet Day

I love this day. First of all, I've always wanted a different name. Laura is just too... boring. Unless you're Laura Ingalls Wilder, then you're beast. So I'm going to list all the different names I've "had" or ever been called.
  • Sally and Sam- When I was little I always wanted one of these to be my names. Don't ask me why, out of all the names I could think of I chose Sally. Ugh. Sam isn't bad though.
  • Andrew Christian and Emily- I as almost named one of these. Obviously Andrew Christian would've been if I were a boy. :P
  • Kat- Nickname one of my best friends gave me because my middle name is Katherine. And it's cute :)
  • Bessy- Nickname someone gave me because of my last name, not because I'm a cow.
  • Ellbie- Nickname some friends gave me because my initials are LB
  • Axel- For some reason, someone thought my name was Axel and started calling me that. I mean Axel, Laura same thing, right?
  • Laurel, Taylor and Molly- For some reason, I have 3 different nicknames in my spanish class, and none of them are Spanish.
Not to mention all the nicknames my family gave me. Yeah. I have a lot. But I decided, since I can only pick one new name today, it should be Banquo. I auditioned for Macbeth at my school today and I read the part of Banquo.
Joe doesn't really want a new name. He's quite happy with the one he has. However, he did quite enjoy spending several weeks being referred to as "The Merlin", so he might have that as a new name if he wanted one. Or just go back to being called "Joseph". Also, it would be quite interesting to have a really weird second name, like our good friend Patrick Von Goldman, or, for that matter, Hrolf Refreshingbeveragesniffer. On another note, somebody decided that his sister's surname began with a B, and so she's now going to have to find someone to get married to..."
The second holiday today is Dream Your Sweet Day. Since it's the day before Valentine's Day, today you're supposed to dream of your sweetheart. Tomorrow, my sweetheart is a stuffed animal my friend promised me. I'm going to dream about it all night now. <3

1 comment: